At Realnets, we take data security – not only for your business, but also its customers – very seriously. Of course, that means staying current on all of the events happening in the [...]
IT CONSULTING SERVICES
Realnets is at it’s heart all things tech. We have dozens of accreditations and certifications surrounding hundreds of technologies. Our team is composed of experienced architects, engineers and technicians with areas of IT service expertise ranging from small to enterprise solution experience.
Our Infrastructure Support Group (ISG) supports:
- Structured cabling: Low voltage, patch panels, rack installs, fiber optic runs.
- Compute: Build / testing of server and workstation hardware. Rack and stack, systems transport, prep and security
- Network: Switch and router installs and rewires, datacom room cleanup
- Network design / engineering.
- Firewall deployment
- IDS / IPS (Intrusion services) configuration / design
- Routing – OSPF / BGP / IGRP
- Redundancy – Spanning tree / Dual homing / HSRP
- Virtual Private Networks – GRE / IPSEC / PTP
- WAN Implementation and management
- Windows, Linux, Unix, BSD, VMware, Citrix
- Domain / virtualization / hyper-visor setup and management
- Control systems – RMM / Centralized logging / Patching and Updates
- Email services – Exchange – Qmail – Sendmail – Cpanel
- Custom applications – Setup and Maintenance
- Backups – Max backup – Backupexec – Backuppc – Synology – AWS
- Services – Web (IIS Apache)/ DNS / FTP / SSH / SQL / File / Print Servers
- Security – Anti-Virus / Anti-Encryption / Base lining / trend analysis
Workstation / Endpoint management:
- Helpdesk services
- All forms of endpoint (XP to iOS)
- Support hardware and software profiling
- Productivity – MS Office +365 / Quickbooks / Adobe / GSuite
- Deployment – Workstation hardware support and asset management
- Backups – Max backup – Backupexec – Backuppc – Synology – AWS
- NAS – Implementation & repair – HP Lefthand / Synology / Dell
- SAN – Implementation & repair – HP Storage Works / Dell / NetApp
- Storage recovery – Raid 0 / Raid 5 / Raid 10 / Raid 6 – Standalone
- Productivity – Google Enterprise Suite / Microsoft 365 / Quickbooks
- Hosting – Realnets / AWS / Hostway / Rackspace
- Monitoring – Site 24×7 / Nagios / Cacti / Solarwinds
Realnets provides a wide variety of engagement types. The majority of our clients have opted to engage us on a MSP, Proactive basis (Managed Service Provider). This engagement insures you security and up-time though a proactive partnership with us. We make sure security / patch management is up to date, your systems are virus free / protected and we watch for hardware issues that may result in downtime.
The other option is a reactive engagement or project based engagement. This would be on a Time and Materials basis. Rates are established on a basis of response time and labor types.
Realnets supports most environments via a ongoing, multi-month term contract under one of the following arrangements…
The Proactive Program allows for our clients have the Realnets team working to manage patches at the workstation level, monitor security functions and provides our client a robust set of tools provided by Solarwinds N-Able.
Our Full Management program expands the service in to full patch management at the server level, provides full help desk services and expands the relationship into a full feature all inclusive support option. One fixed price for all your IT support needs.
The Full Manage Compliant is a specialized program designed for variety of verticals required to achieve ongoing compliance in spaces that include Software as a Service, banking, medical, legal, manufacturing and many more. We maintain the capacity to serve HIPAA, PCI, ISO, SSAE16 /18 SOC and FFIEC / OCC FDIC compliance needs.
Realnets offers Specialty Management solutions on a made to order basis. Perhaps you have 100’s of servers that have limited patch management need or want customized help desk services for a customer we can review your needs and partner to bring a management plan in to action. We provide several examples of some of our common service areas here but remind our customers that every situation is unique and we remain flexible.
Why move to the MSP option?
The common misconception is that MSP solutions are primary about moving in to a “no surprises” or fix fee engagement. This keeps your operating expense from turning to in to a unexpected operating expense. With out question this is a great benefit to some businesses.
The real focus is security via a partnership. Realnets knows that downtime, infections and or unexpected downtime has implications for both businesses that are negative. This allows us to spend time to proactively address common issues and expand security options.
The partnership approach nets the best results time and time again. When Ben Franklin said “a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” he was actually speaking about fire safety. When looking the security of a company computer system, failure is very similar to that of a fire. To survive, often you need to stop it before it begins.
Specialized technology needs often drive a business to go seek out professionals in a specific area. Realnets has experts in many spaces. Business consulting services in the IT space can mean many things. Whither your looking for an assessment on a potential acquisition or you need a second set of eyes on your disaster recovery plan we can help. Some of the areas we work in often:
- Policy Support / Control Enviroment Support
- Data backup
- Corporate Security
- Disa ster Recovery
- Patch and Change Management
- SSAE 16/18 SOC
- Comprehensive Review
- External penetration reporting
- Internal vulnerability reporting
- Cost efficiency analysis
- Disaster Planning
When it comes to disaster recovery we’ve experienced a full range of situations. We’ve managed to restore worldwide services for a 1200 user environment 3 hours after their corporate head quarters had a catastrophic 3 alarm fire.
Quick organization, years of experience and bountiful resources need to come together to provide expedient restoration services.
- Disaster recovery engagement options
- Low latency response teams for system migrations
- DR site turn-up plans
Hot service solutions: (provided within 12 hours of notification)
- Standby data center space
- Standby PBX Telco Services
- Standby cloud services
- Standby servers
- Standby networking hardware
- Standby replacement parts
We provide around-the-clock, operating software support and on-site network maintenance for your business. We can manage out of service area IT staffing as well as travel to long distance sites. We also carry spare parts for the next time you’re in a pinch.
Realnets maintains 100′s of servers and networks in all shapes, sizes and age. Our staff of highly experienced experts has seen practically everything. We pride ourselves on being a one stop shop for your consulting needs. We have relationships throughout the community that allows us to find support for the few occasions a year when we run in to something new or too customized for us to support.
We’ve implemented and maintained everything from a 750 user environment split between New York, Chicago, LA, Mississippi and 7 cites in China to a multi-million dollar Java based custom product E-Commerce environment.
Our core support focuses on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to: Network Infrastructures; Systems Management; Information Security and Intrusion Detection; Database, Email, Firewall and Application Servers; Enterprise Disk Based Storage Strategies and Solutions; Desktop Support Services; Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Services and more.
If you require a dedicated maintenance support team of engineers who can quickly respond, Remote Support is the answer. Realnets prides itself on accomplishing complicated projects remotely, often walking complete novice users though difficult commands when time required immediate response.