What to Look for in an IT Support Company
Most businesses these days, both big and small, understand that to remain competitive in today’s landscape, it’s not enough to simply attempt IT troubleshooting all on your own. No, you need to employ the use of an expert IT support company who can not only handle issues that inevitably pop up but also help you do so in a timely, cost-effective manner and provide the added benefit of helping your business increase productivity through new products, services, tools, and solutions. After all, advancement and growth are all about employing modern technologies for increased ROI and overall endeavor success.
Your business needs an IT support partner you can rely on so that you can stay focused on meeting your business’ goals. So, when it comes to outsourcing your IT needs, there are a few key elements you’ll want to look for to help you choose the right team. Here’s what you want:
- Experience and Expertise – When choosing an IT support company, look at their experience, certifications, and on-going training. You want to work with a team who knows the systems they support inside and out. On-going training is absolutely vital for IT management, as the landscape and technologies are constantly changing. After all, you don’t want someone showing up who has to learn on-the-fly – that just wastes your precious time and money.
- Proactive Management – Proactive management should go beyond everyday monitoring. You want to work with an IT company who is familiar with your environment and your industry. You want a partnership you can rely on to help you choose tools to make your team productive and reduce downtime. Some IT companies just work on reactive, break-fix services, like troubleshooting email problems, fixing broken printers, etc. And yes, your business absolutely needs experts to help in these areas. But, the best IT companies do so much more. They take measures to not only proactively manage your network and systems but also make a point to discuss your business goals so that together you can form a technology strategy to help you meet and exceed those goals.
- Expert Security – Having strong data security isn’t optional; it’s absolutely essential! Cybersecurity threats are constantly evolving, so you want to work with a partner who has data security expertise and on-going training. They will be able to craft a security plan that meets your specific needs and budget while ensuring that you stay compliant.
- Guaranteed Response Times – If and when an issue or question arises, you don’t want to be left wondering when it will be addressed. That would defeat the point of hiring an IT support team in the first place. So, as you research, make sure that the company you choose provides contracts with clear, guaranteed response times. These service level agreements should be thoroughly outlined. It’s important to note that they typically refer to when they’ll start addressing your issue, not when the issue will be fixed, as these times will obviously vary according to each situation.
- Transparency – Transparency is key in all business dealings. So, if a company won’t give you straight answers during your initial vetting process, move on. Remember, the company you work with will have complete access to all of your systems and data. Absolute trust is key! If you have any questions about who they are or what they’re doing, do not work with them.
Outsourcing your IT needs is important to helping alleviate the burden of exhausting energy spent on an area where your team lacks expertise. It’s a waste of time and money. So, do your business a favor, and look for an IT support company you can trust, like Realnets, who can help take you to the next level through the latest technologies. That way, you can get back to business.